Storybook Favorites

Ganesha's Blog

The topic of this blog is something I was already familiar with from childhood stories told by my grandmother. The title lets me know what perspective the blog was from but was not detailed enough to tell me that it was about Ganesha's origin stories. The introduction page of the blog explains pretty thoroughly what the content of the following pages would be about. It made me want to go to the pages and read more about what the introduction was briefing. One thing that really captured my attention was that the blog was in the perspective of Ganesha, which made it fun to read. The introduction had links that drew me to the other pages in such way, "if you want to read more about this, click here." Overall, the page has a whimsical feel and it has characteristics of a children's book. The images are idols and cartoons portrayed in a way that younger children can understand the concepts of the stories. The navigation was also simple and not overwhelming at all. I would use the fonts and colors from this blog in mine.

Ganesha: The Remover of Obstacles

The topic of this blog is something I am somewhat aware of. However, some of the stories are new to me, as I was not told these stories growing up. The title tells me that Ganesha is the remover of obstacles and that the stories will elaborate on how and why he is. The introduction does a good job of explaining the origins of Ganesha and the main elements of the idol image, along with their translations and interpretations. It does not really explain what the other stories will be about. What really grabbed my attention in the introduction section was the interpretations of the different elements of the Ganesha idol. The page elements were neutral and dark. They did not affect my reaction to the introduction. Overall, the page was contemporary and contained images that are usually presented in modern day Indian texts. The navigation was simple. The design I would probably use for my own project would be the menu sidebar.


Picture of Ganesha. Source: Wikipedia

Vishnu's Favorite Avatars

The topic of this blog is something I am only slightly familiar with. I know the different avatars of Vishnu, but I am not very knowledgeable of the back stories pertaining to the avatars. The title is effective in letting me know that the blog would be about the favorite avatars of Vishnu. There was not a page specifically titled 'introduction' but there was a page titled 'avatars' which gave a good background of what the avatars are and a short description. The style of the introduction that got my attention was that it was written in the first person from the perspective of Vishnu. The layout of the page was very simple and elegant, making it easy to skim through the page. Overall, the page was dark and could have incorporated some colors and brighter images. The navigation to the different pages was simple and was on the left side with no pop-out menu sidebar. I would probably use the layout of the page for my project.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"