Comment Wall

Pastel colored image of Ganesha. Source: Pxhere


Comments

  1. I really like how you have made this post feel very modern, yet at the same time the character and characteristics of Ganesha are very ancient, and you keep that feeling. I know a teeny tiny bit about Ganesha and why he has the head of an elephant, but that is pretty much it. I had no idea that he had so many different names! The diagram that you include is really useful in explaining the symbolism of Ganesha's body. I did not know that there was actually any symbolism involved in things like his tusks or the size of his belly or his ears. I look forward to reading your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shivani! I enjoyed the bits and pieces of comedic comments you added to the Introduction. The comedic comments made the Introduction lighthearted and relatable to students reading it. I liked how you mentioned that Ganesha has many names he goes by which allows readers to keep those mentioned names in mind if you ever decided to mention Ganesha by those names. In your fourth sentence, you bolded the word "here" - was there supposed to be a link or just for emphasis? In the Introduction, you included the diagram that briefly explains Ganesha. Maybe in the future you could explain the word "vehicle" in a sentence before the diagram because I was looking for an actual vehicle but it was not until I read on that it was actually a mouse. This same thing goes for a "prasada" just so readers know what to look for in the diagram. Great Introduction and I cannot wait to read your future Storybook posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shivani!

    Your introduction was fantastic! I loved how you chose to make Ganesh the narrator. Nikole already touched on what I was going to say, but I would also define "deva" since many people are new to the religious terminology used by Hindus "being the deva of Intellect and Wisdom." The depth of information for the intro was really good. Another thing that could be added is possibly his favorite foods? It would be a great way to for the readers to get to learn more about him. Brilliant thinking on including the image describing what the different parts of Ganesh's body represent. Can't wait to see what stories Ganesh is planning on sharing with us that make him giggle to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shivani!

    What a cheerful introduction! Your site is great, no issues with functionality or clarity, and very easy to navigate. Plus the picture + title on your page header looks really polished, so great job!

    This is a fun and modern approach, and Ganesha's "authoring" of the page feels surprisingly authentic. The infographic is a nice touch, and the tone of the introduction is laid-back and familiar, which made it very easy and fun to read.

    I cannot wait to hear about how the moon got its crater! I love origin stories, especially for places and things. I was very glad to see that information regarding the mouse and prasada were given, as I was initially quite confused at their inclusion in the graphic.

    Finally, I think knowing a little more about the rest of the stories you plan to share might be a great thing to include on your introduction. I found it much easier to structure my project when I chose the stories early on, and I would love to see what other things Ganesha plans to relate to us this semester!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shivani!

    I am also doing a storybook on Ganesha. Mine will be focusing on the interaction of him with his family. You introduction did a wonderful job covering the stories that will be covered on this site. I look forward to reading them, as they will likely be different stories from the ones I am covering. By writing this section in a first person narrative, you were able to establish a very cheerful character for Ganesha, which is wonderful. He is a very caring and supportive deity, and I think that is what makes him so popular today.

    I am glad that you went over the symbols that are attached to Ganesha’s imagery as that was information that did not make it into my story. The class will now have somewhere to go to learn about them! You found some wonderful pictures and I felt as though they were laid out in the site in very helpful locations. I really like the start of this storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shivani,
    I like that you are writing the stories as though Ganesha wrote them himself. I really liked the images you used in your story and I especially liked the picture of Ganesha's symbolism's that you used as well, showing us what Ganesha is all about. I look forward to reading about what kinds of things Ganesha wants to write about as the semester goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shivani!
    I like how you decided to do a storybook on Ganesha. I think it would be interesting to read about him since I am doing a story book over Parvati, his mother. I like the images you used. Although, I wished we could see Ganesha's face on the banner photo, unless you meant it to be like that. I like how you included a Ganesha symbolism image. It creates a better understanding of the culture. I also like how you already known some of the stories you want to write! You have created a wonderful personality for Ganesha! I look forward to reading more of your material.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shivani! I really like how you put the portfolio in the first person perspective of Ganesha, it reminds me of something I'd see in a fancy museum where historical figures talk about their own lives. The introduction provides a nice blend of background information as well as hints to what the rest of the portfolio will contain, which are incorporated very well into the narrative. Giving Ganesha a really friendly and talkative personality feels like a choice that broadens the potential audience that can enjoy these portfolio stories. The Creation Story was fun to read and easy to understand. I really liked how at the beginning, you mentioned other theories on how Ganesha was born, without Ganesha himself knowing which is true. The only criticism I can come up with is that it was a bit awkward to read "This being all of a sudden got really angry". I read it as a different 'being' than what you intended the first time around, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shivani,

    This is a cool concept. Having Ganesha actually making the website is very creative. Learning about character's from these Indian epics from their own perspective has been one of my favorite parts of this course. The layout of this portfolio is cool. It feels like an introduction post for Ganesha, kind of like how we did at the beginning of the semester. Don't forget to add your link from the stories to the intro page, unless you no longer wish to do that. In which case do not forget to edit out the portion about links. I enjoyed how you edited ganesha's powers from the original. In the creation story I personally think adding a little detail about the setting would improve the stories ability to draw the reader in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Shivani! I really liked the laid-back style of your website. It was very nice and easy to navigate. Starting from the first page, you made it easy to find your comment wall. As for your second page (the introduction), I found the informal style to be very practical to help the reader understand the information. By adding a diagram, you could effectively teach about the elephant. Ganesha is a very cool topic to explore as well. The introduction had a lot of different links to other sources. This is nice to find out more information, but I think that maybe you should have expanded a little bit more on Ganesha. This would, in turn, give you more talking points in your stories. It is nice to see that Ganesha talks about himself. This is a very cool perspective instead of someone talking about him. Keep up all of the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shivan! I am very impressed by the "chill" way you've designed your website and webpages. You're very well organized and very talented at what you do. I definitely can learn from the way you created this project. I look forward to reading more from you and seeing more of your work in the future! I hope you have a great week11 coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Shivan! I really like how you have set up your site! It's a cool way to tell a story, with Ganesha relaying his own stories to the internet. It's just a fun and quirky way to do it, and I never would have thought to do that. Your introduction is really thorough, and has way more information about Ganesha than I would have expected. It's cool because you could have decided to use that information to make more stories, but instead you put all of that up front. Because of this though, the introduction does feel a bit long and overwhelming, which could put some readers off from it. I also noticed you haven't added the link to your story into your introduction where you have the spot set up. Adding this in would fix the flow of the introduction quite a bit. Overall, I really liked your story, and I want to check back in a few weeks down the line to see what other stories Ganesha has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shivani! I'm from the Myth and Folklore class and I really enjoyed reading your story. First off, I'm very happy you used the word 'snazzy' in your introduction. It's one of the better words in the world. I think the point fo view is very cool, I enjoy the fact that This is from the character you are exploring's perspective. The intro was funny and I enjoy the injection humor into the text. I think that the imagery identification list was import, but perhaps you could find a way to do that more naturally, and not just in list form. I enjoyed reading your creation story. It was very easy and quick to get through. The overall vibe of the stories work together, with out competing with each other. I think that the humor from the introduction just wasn't in the first story for me, and I think that you could work to include more of it in. I really enjoyed reading your site, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your story about the moon. The creativity and organization of it really made it fun to read! I like the dialogue that you incorporated and the slight humor behind the narrative. I love reading tales of how creations came to be, and this is one of my favorites! Great work, and I can't wait to read more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Shivani! I am from the Myth and Folklore class, so I really loved getting a chance to check out what projects your class has been doing! I really love the moon story. You have definitely put a lot of work and effort into this and it really shines through. I like the narration style that you have chose to explore. It really brings depth to the character. Your writing style is great! You develop your characters nicely and add in a little flare of humor throughout your story. I hope to come back and read more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Shivani!

    I am glad to come back and to read your stories about Ganesha. Reading your version of Ganesha’s creation story really highlighted to me the many differences that exist, and that there is no ‘one true’ version. Despite all of the information that I have read about Ganesha in his family he seems like a rather average god in terms of powers. By giving him the ability to shoot lasers out of the hands, you made the story livelier and filled in that gap for me! The image that you found where Ganesha has his new head attached is a wonderful image to include. I love that you also included Ganesha’s vahana. He is a wonderful little mouse that tries his hardest. The story of Ganesha cursing the moon was lighthearted and fun to read. I find it funny that the moon was making fun of an elephant for being heavy. Ganesha sure showed him that he was wrong! Great work with the storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Shivani! First of all, I loved the layout of your portfolio! The simpleness and the black and white and your banner image, it all fits in very nicely with the Indian epics theme. I loved your story about Ganesha. It was very creative and i would have never thought of writing story the way you did. Ganesha making a website and spreading his story over the internet is very original and unique. I also like how your website contains the image of Ganesha. Overall, I really enjoyed your stories and your portfolio was simple and nice. Keep up the good work and i will forward to reading more stories from you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shivani! Your introduction does an excellent job introducing Ganesha. I really like how you decided to do this in a website format (meaning that Ganesha will be posting). I think this is an excellent way to tell his story. The information in your introduction was very important, especially since Ganesha will be the main character of all your stories. I think it was a very clever idea to literally introduce us to Ganesha in your introduction (p.s I really liked the diagram you included describing his symbols). Your first story about Ganesha's creation is so good. I got the vibe the Ganesha did not even know exactly how he was created, but he chose his favorite to retell. One thing for this story, since Ganesha is telling it, maybe his version could be the real version. I think this would add another dimension to the story. Your second story is just as good. I really liked how you retold this story. Overall, great job and good luck with the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"