Famous Last Words: Week 11 in Review

Saree in a clothing shop. Source: Pxhere

I really loved this week's reading because the Jataka Tales are so similar to Aesop's Fables. I am a huge fan of the fables and I have read every single one of them! I ended up reading both portions of the readings. My favorite Jatakas Tales were the Tortoise and the Geese from Inayat's Twenty Jataka Tales and the Crab and the Crane from Babbit's The Jatakas Tales from India. Based off my enjoyment of these readings, I will definitely look into more Jataka tales and read them in my free time. I will also read them to my younger siblings.
My best writing of this week was my research paper for my psychology class. I spent a lot of time finding relevant sources to make my paper as complete and accurate as possible. I thought my paper was excellent and reflected on the knowledge I have gained through the four years I have studied at OU. I can't really be too creative in a research paper but I found a strategy to help me get in the writing mood and that was to find my relevant sources first. After getting these sources, I read them thoroughly so I can see the layout of the paper and make mine similar to it. I highlight important sentences and paraphrase them. Finally, I will piece my paper together and fill in the bare spots with transition sentences.
I was honored to be a part of the 48th Annual Eve of Nations this past Friday. I participated in the fashion walk and I represented India. The event was pretty successful since all the tables were full and the seats in the Lloyd Noble center began to fill up. I got the opportunity to rock my Indian clothes, which I am only able to wear a few times a year, during special events or holidays. Next week is Big Event and I am really looking forward to that too. I love giving back to the community and helping those in need. This day of giving is a much needed day of relaxation for me and I cannot wait to attend!

Comments

  1. Hi Shivani! I read the Jataka tales too and really enjoyed them, I think they're a fun and easily digestible read that have really cool meanings! That's neat that you got to participate in the Eve of Nations, I wanted to go but was stuck at work unfortunately. Congratulations on your progress with your Psychology paper! I feel like finding sources and getting that information down is such an important first step.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"