Week 8 Reading and Writing

Overall, the reading and writing assignments are promoting thought-provoking processes and I really enjoy the assignments. My favorite readings so far have been the Ramayana and the Jataka Tales from earlier in the semester. While reading the assigned readings, I take notes and post them on my blog. I find these pretty helpful, as they give me an overview of what I have read. The information I write down are notes about the reading and notes about what I think I will write about. Sometimes my notes and my storytelling are based on each other, but other times I find something else that is more interesting to write about so I don't use my notes that much. One research strategy I have been using is to read the assigned reading and then follow up that reading with a summary of the reading I find online.

I am really happy with my research project because I am learning so much while I am writing stories and making a site for other readers. I love to read stories about Ganesha and I hope others will like my version of his tales and stories. I think my biggest writing accomplishments in this class are my Mahabharata story from week 7 and my writing that I have posted on my Ganesha site.

My Favorite image I have posted on my blog so far is the family photo of Shiva, Parvati, baby Kartikeya, and baby Ganesha. I think the photo is so cute and it is also really familiar to me because we have the same photo in our house in several rooms, for good luck and prosperity.


Family Photo of Shiva, Parvati, Ganesha, and Kartikeya. Source: Wikipedia

Looking forward, I need to spend more time reading the material. I usually rush through it because I have a lot of other work to finish. However, I think if I allow more time for reading, I will gain a different perspective and learn more about the history of Hindu religion.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"