Famous Last Words: Spring Break

James J. Gallogly, the University of Oklahoma's 14th president. Source: Wikipedia

My reading for this week went great. I finished both portions on time like I usually do. My favorite part was about Kunti and her meeting with the Sun God. I decided to write about that and I am thinking about writing a continuation story about it. My best writing that I have done this week was my Mood God story and my research paper for Research Methods class. I thought I did a pretty good job because I had a lot going on and I still managed to get it done, and it was decent for the time that I had. There was a story I read that was written by another classmate that I found was really interesting. It was from the perspective of the women of Ramayana and it was a much-needed read. The original version of the Ramayana only focused on the men of the epic and how they were feeling. The women went through a great deal, but they were not explained and their trials and tribulations were not spoken about much. My other classes are going okay. To be honest, I am just trying to get through the semester and graduate. I want to make good grades as well, but the classes I am taking are just too difficult and I want to be done already. One exciting event that just happened was the designation of the new president of the University of Oklahoma! Since President Boren's retirement announcement, the regents have been searching for the best candidates for the presidency. They ended up choosing businessman and university donor, James Gallogly, who just so happens to be funding and sponsoring the new biomedical engineering building that is currently under construction. My plans for this week and next week are to work and finish my other papers which are due pretty soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"