Reading Notes: Ramayana, Section D

Vibhishana as a newly crowned king of Lanka. Source: Wikipedia

For my storytelling, I want to write about the battle scene between Rama and Ravana. I found this scene interesting and it kept me engaged in reading. When I do my retelling, I will make the scene more intense with exchanges of dialogue between the characters, especially Rama and Ravana. I will add a lot of dialogue because I feel that it is really important, especially in a scene like this. The readers need to know the thoughts and feelings of the characters through the conversations (or arguments) they have with each other.

Instead of Rama using Brahma's flaming weapon, I want Ravana to be killed by a lightning bolt created by Rama with the new found power he secretly was hiding from everyone. I believe this will throw an interesting twist to the story and make it more interesting.

I want the crowning of Vibhishana to be the most royal and elaborate ceremony where everyone is there to celebrate the joyous occasion. His proclamation as king is a monumental event in history.

Bibliography: PDE Ramayana, M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder, Source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"