Reading Notes: Ramayana, Section C

Hanuman being taken to Ravana. Source: Wikipedia

For my storytelling for this week, I want to recreate the moment where Ravana is persuading Sita to leave Rama for him, all while Hanuman is watching the whole moment. The thing I want to change is the perspective of the scene. I want to tell my story through the eyes of Sita and try to explain what she is feeling while Ravana is trying to pursue her. The section about this scene in the PDE Ramayana is quite short. However, I will lengthen it with Sita's thoughts and I will also add some dialogue between Sita and Ravana.

I would like to add the section where Sita and Hanuman meet and have a conversation. I want to portray through words that Sita is happy to see him and that this means Rama will be coming soon to save her. I will add dialogue between Hanuman and the people who capture him to bring him to the feet of Ravana and probably will change the setting where Hanuman and Ravana meet.

Bibliography: PDE Ramayana, M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder, Source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"