Week 4 Story: Sita, A Prisoner


Hanuman approaching Sita where she was held captive by Ravana. Source: Wikipedia

In Lanka, Ravana is trying to convince me to stay with him. There is not a chance I will ever consider this.
"My sweet Sita," spoke Ravana, "Please would you leave Rama for me, as I will give you all of the riches and desires a woman could want!"

"Not a chance! My heart belongs to Rama and I will never leave him for an imbecile like you!" I said, "My Rama will come for me!"

Ravana got angry and all ten of his head spat in unison, "I spare you two months, and after that, you will be tortured!"

Ravana left to go to his palace, while I sat there in tears and dirt, hoping for someone to come for me. However, at that very moment, I saw something move from the corner of my eye. I slowly walked to the tree that was shaking uncontrollably, as if it wanted to catch my attention. As I walked closer and closer, I could hear someone whisper my name repeatedly.

Suddenly, Hanuman appeared from behind the tree and had a sigh of relief. He was so happy to see me and discover that I was still alive. He gave me a stone that looked like a mirror and told me that every time I think of Rama as I hold the stone, he will appear to me. I tried to activate the stone and it worked! Wherever Rama was, I could see his somber face, filled with worry and hatred. I quickly put the stone away in a safe place.

Hanuman pulled me out of my trance and asked if I wanted to escape with him while we still had the chance. I told him I did not want to because the only person I wanted to touch was my Rama.

"That is fine, Sita. I will go back to Rama and tell him that I have talked to you and inform him that you are still alive!" answered Hanuman

With that statement, Hanuman disappeared into the forest, leaving Sita alone one again.



Bibliography: PDE Ramayana, M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder, Source.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed your style of this story! I thought the way you did the dialogue made it more common and easier to understand. I also felt that the picture you chose couldn't have fit any better. I feel bad for Sita having to be alone, but I like that this is the way you ended the story. Keep up the great work with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this story! You made it much more easier to understand by writing it in first person. Sita seems less vulnerable in this story. I also like how she's given a stone to be able to see Rama. I'm wondering if she can communicate with Rama through the stone. I look forward to reading more of your stories! Your doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"