Famous Last Words: A Week in Review

Blogging on a Macbook. Source: Pexels

My readings this week were right on track. I managed to finish both of the readings and write my stories before the grace period. My favorite part about the stories was the scene where Hanuman visits Sita and sees the situation she is in. This scene actually helped me change perspectives in my writing and make my stories more personal.

The best writing I have done this week would be for this class because I do not have any writing assignments in my other classes yet. I really liked my story about Sita in Lanka and I will pursue this style again in my other stories. Some good strategies to help me with my writing: I read the original Ramayana story again and then write a summary paragraph of what was read. Then I will add some details that will change it from what was the original, such as the setting, adding powers, changing specific objects, and possibly even change the outcome to make it happier (or sadder). I experimented with a new writing style by changing perspectives of the story and I really liked the outcome.

I read a story that was really well written and I wanted to read what would happen next! The addition of a love triangle completed the original story in a way that actually made sense. This is definitely a style I would try in the future. After reading stories written by other students, I realized that I need to step out of my comfort zone and be more bold with my writing. I don't want to be afraid to change things up because sometimes change makes things way more interesting and engaging.

My other classes are going well so far. I haven't had an exam yet but I should be having one come up in a couple weeks. There really aren't any connections between this class's material and the material from my other classes because I am in psychology courses. I am really enjoying this semester and it is not as hectic as I thought it would be for taking 21 credit hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"