Time Strategies


Studying is the key to success. Source: Wikipedia

From the Psychology of Checklists article by Lauren Marchese, I learned the importance of breaking large tasks up into smaller tasks and making checklists. Although I occasionally made checklists of the things I needed to get done, I realize I need to try and make more lists this semester since I am taking a heavy class load this semester. I believe it will help me keep track of assignments and other obligations more easily.
From the Realistic Study Plans article by Amanda Collins, I learned that I need to build a study plan that is easy to stick with and not forget about. The key concepts I learned is evaluating time and making realistic study sessions that will fit into my schedule. I need to make sure I know how much time each assignment, research, paper, or other tasks will take, even if it means overestimating the allotted times for each. This is also something I will try this semester due to my busy schedule. It will be the perfect opportunity to test it out.
My biggest time challenges are wasting my time. I find myself browsing through useless websites, scrolling through Facebook and Instagram, and wasting valuable time where I could be studying for my classes or finishing up assignments early. With the changes I am going to make, I hope to make my semester a bit easier on myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"