Reading Notes: Ramayana, Section A

Rama capturing the deer that Sita requested. Source: Flikr

I would like to have a focus on Rama, as he is my favorite character in the Ramayana. I want my story to have a Romeo and Juliet feel to it when someone is reading it. There will be more dialogue and I will have a section where Rama and Sita actually meet and find a way to converse with each other, depending on the time period I choose to have the setting. If it is modern, then they will come up with a way to talk via phones. If the setting is still at the same time period as the book currently is, they will use carrier pigeons to communicate. It will definitely be slower, but they will still be able to express their love for each other. 

When Rama is exiled, I want him to go through the jungle and find an abandoned home to live in. He will live there with Sita and Lakshmana. When Dasharatha dies, I will write about how hard it is for him without any of his sons being there with him as he takes his last breath. When his wife jumps in the flames, I will dramatize this scene and make it more detailed and interesting.

I also want to write more about Vishnu and how he divided himself into 4 parts and became born as the 4 sons of Dasharatha. I find this part really interesting so I will research more about it and incorporate it into my storytelling.

I would like some background information included in my story so that I can explain why Rama was blue. I also will include, after extensive research, why Rama was the favorite out of the four sons. Rama is my favorite character so my story will be based on him and all of the scenes will be from his point of view.

Bibliography: PDE Ramayana, M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder, Source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"