Feedback Thoughts

Feedback is valuable information that helps us get better. Source: Public Domain Pictures

From the article 5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like a Champ, I learned that it is normal to feel awkward or a little bit uncomfortable when receiving feedback from others. We may feel embarrassed or hurt that the reader had to make comments on work we think is perfect. Another think that I learned is that when people comment and give feedback, it means that we have growing room to improve our work, thus making it better each time. In every case, there is always room for improvement, even if it is the most minute details.

From the Eight things students should do when they make a mistake article, I learned that being wrong or getting things incorrect is normal and it is okay to make mistakes. It is important to find a support system, like family or friends, who can give feedback and and one won't feel as criticized because it is coming from people who are close to that person. Another thing I learned was that there is alway help available, especially in a university setting. There are writing labs and sometimes students can even email their work to a professor or teaching assistant so that they can get feedback straight from the source instead of having other students look at their work.

My most productive feedback experiences have been when I have sent my work to my instructors to be evaluated before I actually turn it in for a grade. This way, I do not feel too bad about being criticized because I know that if I correct those mistakes, it will guarantee a better grade. The most negative feedback is when I have had to do peer review as a group. It just feels overwhelming because it is too much criticism to handle in a single setting and all at once. Feedback is important in school and other areas of life as well. Feedback from my family, especially my mom, has helped me grow as a learner and as a person so that I can be the best version of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"