Topic Brainstorm: Project

My first topic I am interested in is telling a story about the legend that is Hanuman. Out of all of the deities, I feel like he is less spoken of so I would like to change that. I have previous knowledge of Hanuman from my grandma and I also have several pieces of literature from India that explain the deities and their duties. I also have a book for festivals and it explains for whom and why the festivals are celebrated. This would be helpful in writing about certain deities and the certain days of the year  that are dedicated to them. In my stories I would write about the origins of Hanuman, as well as his encounters with Rama and his connection to the Ramayana. Source.

My second topic I would like to consider for my project is stories about Krishna. Ever since I was a child, Krishna has always been my favorite deity (mainly because he was blue, and I thought that was super cool) and because my grandmother would tell really heroic stories about him. I would like to talk about his connection to butter and how Krishna is always given butter during rituals. I would also like to write a story about Krishna and Radha and their eternal love, and also Krishna and his wife, Rukmini. Source.

My third topic for my project is Ganesha. I find Ganesha really unique and I would love to learn more about him through this project. I really am fascinated with his origin story and how he got his elephant head so I would further elaborate on that. I would also talk about his relationship with Parvati, his mother, and how she created him. Source.

My last topic I would consider for my project would be the goddesses of Hinduism and their consorts. I want to learn more about Hinduism and their contributions to the religion. I want to know their significances as well. I am not very knowledgeable about the goddesses and would like to learn more. I also want to elaborate on the various avatars of the goddesses. Source.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Nurse

Week 2 Story: The Servant and the "Beast"